Moving home is said to be one of the most stressful occasions in anyone’s life, and the massive investment, both financially and emotionally, can take its toll, especially with the many months it takes for the process to complete.

But aside from all the packing and the logistical problems posed by the ‘pingdemic’, it's important to remember that there are dozens of organisations and companies that need to be notified that you are moving. Let’s have a look at some of them.



You must inform HMRC of your new address for tax purposes, as well as your employer, so your new address can be added to the payroll.



Various companies provide household services that will also need to know about your move, and you do not want to continue paying for a service at your old address that you cannot use.



You can update DVLA via its website, and within two to four weeks you should receive an updated licence and V5C logbook documents for your car Failure to update the logbook could land you with a £1,000 fine.

You will also need to update your vehicle breakdown cover provider and your car insurer.



You will need to contact those insurers who provide cover for household contents, health, life, travel and your pets.



Your gas, electricity and water suppliers will need your updated contact information, even if you are leaving them behind at the old property and taking on new suppliers. Remember to take meter readings on the day you move out and update suppliers so you only pay for the utilities you have used.



Inform your bank and building societies, your pension providers, loan companies, credit card providers and store cards. Similarly, you will need to update your address for council tax purposes.


If you’re looking for a removal company in South London, talk to us today.